Skip to content
- 1.5 cups organic chopped dates
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 scoops Innotech fermented greens chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp organic cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp organic vanilla extract
- Soak dates in 2 cups of boiling water for 4 hours. Drain and reserve date water for later use.
- Place dates in a blender with 1/3 cup of reserved water. Puree until smooth.
- Scrape puree into a large bowl. Mix in almond butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl combine protein powder and cocoa powder, stir well.
- Whisk one half of the protein powder/cocoa mix into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the second half of the protein powder/cocoa mix. If the batter has become too thick, you can add 1 Tbsp of the reserved liquid at a time until it is easier to work with.
- At this point the batter should resemble clay. Mix in ½ cup shredded coconut and ¼ organic cacao nibs.
- Press into a tin foil lined 9”x9” pan, and top with remaining coconut and cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Once the batter has set, cut into bars and store in an air tight container in the fridge.